Jetva.co.uk Discussion Board

Main Search Team

Main Forum » X-Plane » Bluesky V2 for Xplane

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bluesky V2 for Xplane (Read 184 times)

Total Posts: 6
Posted at: 29-08-2017 19:05:01

Hi All

To date I have seen no mention of the Bluesky V2 being compatible with Xplane10 and 11. Because the earlier version of Bluesky has been obseleted obseleted I decided to try the new version.  I installed it as instructed as got as far as entering a flight number and getting the flight data, logging aircraft information -  the aircraft being used which is the  X-Aviation 737.  After that no progress was made. It was not possible to start tthe flight without a Bluesky-start flight error box showing "engines running"  when indeed this was not the case. I tried initiating taxi lights, landing light and other reported actions with no report was logged. So am I jumping the gun? or do I have to wait before I can submit a flight PIREP

Mark Grant
Administrator
Training Captain
No Avatar
Total Posts: 113
Posted at: 29-08-2017 19:08:01

No it is compattable with xplane, just need to ensure you have the latest xpuipc installed. the testing group has loads of users testing ok from xplane.

Many Thanks,

Mark.

Total Posts: 5
Posted at: 29-08-2017 20:26:24

Bluesky needs XPUIPC, and XPUIPC needs Windows, so I have to use xacars on my Mac, which doesn't have all the reporting we get with Bluesky. So... I'm wondering whether xacars can be configured to report all the good stuff, or whether there's some other approach using X-plane Datarefs (Lua) that can be used for Mac users. There may only be one of me, but I can dream...
Mark Grant
Administrator
Training Captain
No Avatar
Posted at: 29-08-2017 20:40:09

Ah you have a Mac, sorry i thought you were on a windows box, unfortunatly its just xacars sad sorry David. Givr mr more information on LUA and ill have a look in to it.

Many Thanks,

Mark.

Posted at: 30-08-2017 01:18:34

Hello Mark,

I was thinking aloud, really. X-Plane has a number of DataRefs that provide the status of all sorts of things: altitude, gear position, and so forth. I was wondering aloud whether these statuses mirror those required by Bluesky: they must do, if XPUIPC uses them (and I can't think what else it might use, but that's from a position of ignorance on my part). So that got me to thinking: does BlueSky pull data, or is it pushed? Is there some XPUIPC-independent way of providing the interface if it's pulled, or is it possible to set up a timed push within X-Plane,

Lua is a scripting language that's used by a number of commercial and non-commercial folks, to customise or extend X-Plane, For speed, folks use C/C++, but Lua fits the bill for many other things, and reading and writing DataRefs is one of them. To provide a Lua environment, X-Plane has XLUA, but there are also the likes of SASL, FlyWithLua, Gizmo and so on. These provide Lua APIs and containers to run scripts in. I was tinkering with FlyWithLua over the weekend to side-step an X-Plane scenery bug where orbital scenery is incorrectly drawn at the visibility limit, creating weird triangular mountains with sky between them and the true mountains below. It's amazing what you can do with Lua, though: there's a modification to the default X-Plane 11 737-800 that's astonishing (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/111305-boeing-b738-800-modified/)

Anyway, these were just the musings of a software engineer who still thinks "how hard can it be" with the innocence of selective memory!

Thanks for everything jetVa, Mark,

David

Posted at: 30-08-2017 18:24:11

Right. I've BootCamp and Windows 7 on my iMac, and I've now installed X-Plane 11 and BlueSky v2 onto it. I have XPUIPC installed as an X-Plane plugin.

I'll give it a go later when I'm brave enough!

Posted at: 30-08-2017 20:05:51

Following my previous experiences I eventually managed to use the new and impressive Bluesky V2 with the Xplane 10  X-Aviation 737 with no problems.

Mark Grant
Administrator
Training Captain
No Avatar
Posted at: 30-08-2017 21:08:48

JOhn i did notice you were using 737 and the scoring profile loaded to analize your flight was an airbus, did you chenge the aircraft in bluesky from an airbis to a 737 and hit load before starting logging?

Many Thanks,

Mark.

Posted at: 31-08-2017 20:49:58

Hi Mark  The aircraft choice was my mistake because I did not select the B737 from the list in blue sky and when I noticed this it was to late to change so I will be careful in future. The reports are still new to us all now and on this flight I also forgot to set the altitude in blue sky which was 26,000 ft although this was selected in the aircraft but did not appear in the report. The reports are quite elaberate and will take time to get used to. I appreciate your and the teams efforts.

Posted at: 20-03-2018 21:05:21

Just completed flight EZY2452 and I notice there is no starting score but there is a final landing score. I was using the IXEG B737. Is this a glitch because it has happened before some time ago.

John

Mark Grant
Administrator
Training Captain
No Avatar
Posted at: 20-03-2018 21:07:33

Did it pick up teh aircraft profile?

If it cant identify a profile they the score doesnt know what to do, what is teh pirep number please and ill have a look. 

Many Thanks,

Mark.

Pages: [1]