Jetva.co.uk Discussion Board

Main Search Team

Main Forum » Flight Operations » FENIX landing rates

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FENIX landing rates (Read 105 times)
Rob Parker
Training Captain

Total Posts: 101
Posted at: 05-06-2022 18:25:12

Is anyone else flying the Fenix A320?  I really struggling to achieve good rates of landing even when I think I've made a good landing - often in the -400fpm or -500fpm range.  Even when I use a full autoland I can get as high as -390fpm.  I'm not sure how to improve these landings.  AFAIK the landing rates recorded by BlueSky is fed by FSUIPC so I guess they must be correct?  When I used the FBW landing rates were much lower. 

P3D V5.2 + HF1 

FSLabs A319/320/320SL/321

MSFS A320Neo FBW/ FENIX A320 CEO

Rob Parker
Training Captain

Posted at: 12-06-2022 14:24:26

Just as a follow up to this issue there is a known problem with landing with a crosswind.  There's a conflict between the rudder and tiller and the nosewheel becomes fully active on landing which often means going off the runway big time.  There shouldn't be any meaningful nosewheel steering until about 30 knots but, at present, you can steer anywhere you want at 130 knots!  Other than this, it's still a great aircraft for the money.  Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

P3D V5.2 + HF1 

Rob Parker
Training Captain

Posted at: 02-10-2022 14:41:59

The Fenix is a great aircraft BUT, even after updates and hot fixes there are still landing inconsistencies.  I tried two autolands today to see if things had improved.  Into a gusty EGGW with side winds it landed at -131fpm.  Into LSGG with a wind right on the nose it was -591fpm!  This difference is so frustrating.  It's the same with manual landings.  Some good some bad but mainly bad.  Anyone else having these issues?

P3D V5.2 + HF1 

Total Posts: 24
Posted at: 18-02-2023 09:35:48

Rob

The Fenix is a great aircraft BUT, even after updates and hot fixes there are still landing inconsistencies.  I tried two autolands today to see if things had improved.  Into a gusty EGGW with side winds it landed at -131fpm.  Into LSGG with a wind right on the nose it was -591fpm!  This difference is so frustrating.  It's the same with manual landings.  Some good some bad but mainly bad.  Anyone else having these issues?

Hi Rob

Yes i also have this issue but i guess oh well and your right, it is a great aircraft.  I have a question for you, the livery I have for the fenix is nice but in blue sky the tail number says it is a fslabs aricraft.  Does it matter what registration I load in when in blue sky app.

Many thanks

Ian

Signature

Rob Parker
Training Captain

Posted at: 18-02-2023 13:47:01

Hi Iana320

No it doesn't matter what registration you choose in Blue Sky as long as it's correct for the type of aircraft you are flying.  So for the Fenix it needs to be any A320-A320 registration rather than A20N-A320 which is for the NEO such as the FBW.

I hope that you enjoy flying the A320 with Jetva.

Rob 

P3D V5.2 + HF1 

Posted at: 18-02-2023 17:00:07

Rob

Hi Iana320

No it doesn't matter what registration you choose in Blue Sky as long as it's correct for the type of aircraft you are flying.  So for the Fenix it needs to be any A320-A320 registration rather than A20N-A320 which is for the NEO such as the FBW.

I hope that you enjoy flying the A320 with Jetva.

Rob 

Hi Rob  Thank you for your response I appreciate it.  I am enjoying it just gotta learn Fenix as I use PROATCX and I struggle to descend it down enough to land.  I guess its a learning curve.

Thanks

Ian

Signature

Rob Parker
Training Captain

Posted at: 19-02-2023 15:50:21

Hi Ian

The FENIX VNAV is now very accurate and if you let it do its own thing in Managed Mode from TOD then it is pretty much perfect.  I guess that PROATCX isn't giving you an early enough descent and you are chasing the profile to catch up?  If PROATCX isn't too far behind in giving descent clearance then let Managed Mode try to 'catch up' and use speed brakes to help.  If you see 'Too Steep Descent Path' in the MCDU then you just need to bring speed right down and hang some flaps out (maybe even get fully configured for landing) and you'll have no issues.  This nearly always happens on approach to 24 at LIRN and elsewehere where you need to clear high terrain near the airport.

Rob

P3D V5.2 + HF1 

Posted at: 19-02-2023 22:09:26

Rob

Hi Ian

The FENIX VNAV is now very accurate and if you let it do its own thing in Managed Mode from TOD then it is pretty much perfect.  I guess that PROATCX isn't giving you an early enough descent and you are chasing the profile to catch up?  If PROATCX isn't too far behind in giving descent clearance then let Managed Mode try to 'catch up' and use speed brakes to help.  If you see 'Too Steep Descent Path' in the MCDU then you just need to bring speed right down and hang some flaps out (maybe even get fully configured for landing) and you'll have no issues.  This nearly always happens on approach to 24 at LIRN and elsewehere where you need to clear high terrain near the airport.

Rob

Hi Rob thanks for that.  I think thats what id does, so I now ask for descent a little before the TOD marker and I come down not in managed nut by pulling the knob.  Today 2 great flight so I think im on top off it.  Only issue I have a easyjet livery from flightsim.to which i use and now the Fennix app does not always run.  Whay livery do you use, could you place a link for me if you use one that is ok.  I also read this.  https://kb.fenixsim.com/third-party-re-paints-producing-errors

Many thanks

Ian

Signature

Rob Parker
Training Captain

Posted at: 20-02-2023 13:42:58

https://flightsim.to/file/33811/fenix-easyjet-g-ezuh-aka-bordeaux

I'm currently flying this livery but I have many from both Fenix and flightsim.to which I use without any issues at all.  I always use the 4k versions as 8k is too heavy on frame rates.

Rob

P3D V5.2 + HF1 

Posted at: 20-02-2023 16:53:27

Rob

https://flightsim.to/file/33811/fenix-easyjet-g-ezuh-aka-bordeaux

I'm currently flying this livery but I have many from both Fenix and flightsim.to which I use without any issues at all.  I always use the 4k versions as 8k is too heavy on frame rates.

Rob

Hi Rob, The issue I have with the Fenix is ths...Please let me send you a link to my video.  Problem is when setting departure runway and SID.  It wont let me select.  But if I use the main Fenix livery it works.   https://youtube.com/live/9traxNfhzWI

Thank you

Signature

Rob Parker
Training Captain

Posted at: 21-02-2023 16:02:23

Ian

The video is unavailable.

Rob

P3D V5.2 + HF1 

Posted at: 21-02-2023 16:24:22

Rob

Ian

The video is unavailable.

Rob

Sorry Rob I deleted it.  I tried the livery you posted me and it works great.  Do you use the camera file from easyjetsimpilot on youtube.  Ihave seen his views and look good but not tried them as I dont want to screw it up.  Also unless im blind that bordeux 320 I cant fint the registration in blue sky.

Thanks

Ian

Signature

Rob Parker
Training Captain

Posted at: 21-02-2023 19:32:14

No problem about the video as you are fixed now.  Don't worry about matching exact registrations to liveries in Blue Skies.  So long as it's the right Airbus model i.e an A320 for Fenix or A20N for the FBW Neo.  Just pick something close like G-EZUA.  My flight deck views I created myself and mapped to buttons on my TCA sidestick.  I'm not sure now about my cabin views.  They could be from easyjetsimpilot's discord.  Give them a try.  The worst that can happen is that you need to re-download Fenix if things get really screwed up.  Rob

P3D V5.2 + HF1 

Posted at: 21-02-2023 19:50:33

Rob

No problem about the video as you are fixed now.  Don't worry about matching exact registrations to liveries in Blue Skies.  So long as it's the right Airbus model i.e an A320 for Fenix or A20N for the FBW Neo.  Just pick something close like G-EZUA.  My flight deck views I created myself and mapped to buttons on my TCA sidestick.  I'm not sure now about my cabin views.  They could be from easyjetsimpilot's discord.  Give them a try.  The worst that can happen is that you need to re-download Fenix if things get really screwed up.  Rob

Hi Rob its going good.  I dont know how to map to mine.  I tried his but number pad was wings etc and for cokpit but not for other instuments.  I have just got MSFS2020 and it is all so much different to FSX and P3D.  I have the Thrustmaster airbus capain one with quadrant, spoilers,flaps and the sidestick. TCA

Thanks

Ian

Signature

Rob Parker
Training Captain

Posted at: 22-02-2023 13:44:47

Hi Ian

As a start to mapping this is the very first video I ever watched about moving aorund the flight deck and mapping various views.  There have been many more since but it is a good place to start learning about getting your views set up. https://youtu.be/wTUFA33wIEM Rob

P3D V5.2 + HF1 

Pages: [1] 2